TuffWrap Canada ULC and our affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “TuffWrap”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Your privacy is important to us.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website and other websites operated or provided by TuffWrap, including www.tuffwrap.com (collectively, the “Websites”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our customers and users:
- on the Websites; and
- in email and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline (“personal information”).
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of submitting email request forms through our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- your search queries on the Website.
If you submit personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the use of our Website, you warrant that you have obtained the necessary consents from such individual and have authority to disclose his/her personal information to us, as well as his/her consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of such personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioural tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioural tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioural tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or that we receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit TuffWrap, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can opt out of several third-party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer (including a prospective buyer) or other successor in the event of a merger, amalgamation, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TuffWraps’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TuffWrap about our customers and users is among the assets transferred (or to be transferred);
- to advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers’ advertisement to that target audience;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and process it with the same standards set out in this policy;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TuffWrap, our customers, or others.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and process it with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from TuffWrap. If you have opted to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address used by TuffWrap to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to TuffWrap as part of a product purchase.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third-party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and/or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If we learn that your personal information has been disclosed in a manner that is not in accordance with this policy, we will use reasonable efforts to advise you of the disclosure as soon as reasonably possible.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- information protected by solicitor-client privilege;
- information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process;
- information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; or
- information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
If you have questions or inquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or want to make a request concerning your personal information, please write to TuffWrap’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
last updated: 1/06/2020